Levels

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by Mozartic, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Mozartic

Mozartic Boxer

How to make a certain level appear at a particular score, e.g. 100? And how do I test only one level in Buildbox?

Thanks

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

If your score is distance based then you can do that by setting the start and end distance of a scene. Click on the scene selector below and you will see its properties on the right. Alternatively there is a small up arrow right to the scene selectors, click on that and you can drag the start and end. You can also automatically stack them or align all of them from the menu... Start and end distance is calculated by pixels. Distance based score is also calculated by pixels but you have the score multiplier, which you have to take into account to that.

One level test: Click on a scene on the scene selector, then hit S on your keyboard. Hit S again to reenable all -- unfortunately it does not restore the original selections, it will enable all of them instead. So if you previously muted one by hitting the M button, you have to do tat again. (Green means selected and regardless of its start and end settings you will get that scene on screen. Gray will be also played but with its start and end points. Red will never be displayed)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  3. theodore_boardman

theodore_boardman Boxer

Hi Trudai--

Your reply hit on something I've been having difficulty with. S does not solo the level for me. The selection turns green, the rest of the levels turn red, but it plays through the level I have built on "Start", and it also always shows the start menu. Any help you have would be greatly appreciated, as building out a level and not being able to test its functionality without playing through the entire game is untenable. :) Thanks in advance!

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

You will always see start scene no matter what you solo. I leave that scene short so i can get to my solod scenes quickly

trudnai and singleclickstudios like this.
  5. theodore_boardman

theodore_boardman Boxer

Thanks, Heathclose--appreciate the info!