Levels In Bb3

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Tars Tarkas, May 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

I am trying to make a level based game. I have been playing with the progression template. It's all right. But when I finish all the levels, the next level is empty. I manage to make it go to the first level, but it's stuck there at level 1. Anyone knows how to make start all the levels again?
    Thank you

2. steve

steve Avid Boxer

@Tars Tarkas I'm working on a level based game and mine loops back to level 1 after I've completed all the levels.

The way I have it setup is a Start scene followed by scenes numbered 1 to 100. I then have a dummy scene as 101.

Within the Level Selector node on my actor I have the Reset After Level set to 101.

When level 100 is completed it goes back to level 1 (presumably as it includes the start scene and therefore level 100 is actually level 101).

I probably don't need the dummy scene set as 101, as it never shows it, but I've left it in there as it's likely before the game gets anywhere near the app store I'll change things so that it holds them there and says something along the lines of more levels coming soon, rather than looping them back to the start.

Tars Tarkas likes this.
  3. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Or you can add this in Level Selector
    Lets say you have 2 Levels for now.

if(Settings.levelID === undefined || Settings.levelID > 2) {
    Settings.levelID = 1;
    }

Tars Tarkas likes this.
  4. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

Thank you both for your suggestions.
    I have been playing with the progression template. I notice that if randomize the scenes, the scenes do come in a random order, which is cool, but if I die, it does not start from the scene I die in. Anyone knows how that can be achieved?