Level Like Phases

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by BeeDhan, Nov 30, 2016.

1. BeeDhan

BeeDhan Avid Boxer

Guys i want to know that how can i create levels like in phases
    like phase 1 and phase 2 without level select ui

2. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

3. BeeDhan

BeeDhan Avid Boxer

bro can you please describe this i couldn't understand

4. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

Depends on how you want to solve it! You should work with Menu Jump! In case you want to save up progress you have to combine it with Checkpoints! I would recommend the Menu Jump Tutorial for ya! You can find a lot of info in the forum which was asked already and in youtube! Very, very valueable videos by Boxers all over the world!

5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi I am working similar to that right now. You won't need to create different worlds for this just do this in 1 world and make your each scene a level and add a checkpoint at start of your each level.

1-So add an action by importing a rectangle any image and drop it on Action.
    2 -Set Action Type to Set CheckPoint.(This will also save your progress) add this checkpoint rectangle at start of each scene. Size it so that it is a long narrow rectangle so player doesn't miss it by jumping etc.
    3-in Gameover screen insert a Navigation Button (add an image to that that says Continue or Restart Checkpoint on it) and from drop down menu select --Set Chekpoint-- (not Restart Checkpoint)
    4-Make sure in your game map connect the --Set Checkpoint-- to your World Node Load where your scenes are.

This way player won't loose the progress even the game is closed and opened the next day in ipad or iphone etc.
    (If you select Restart Checkpoint) then it doesn't load if the game is turned off. So no save. This can be an option for multiple worlds where to be able to continue is during game play only kind of thing.

Hope that helps.

ilikefreegames100 likes this.
  6. BeeDhan

BeeDhan Avid Boxer

Oh i thought that restart checkpoint will work but i was wrong

But no 3 there is no set checkpooint
    Thanks for your precious help

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

You are welcome. You should create an action to set check point. just import an image and drop it into action in that circular big menu where it.says objects etc. then open up actions tab from left and left click the image you imported and then you will.see action properties will show up, there open drop down menu and select set checkpoint. then drag and drop.that action into your scene and when your player touches it, t will set.check point.

8. BeeDhan

BeeDhan Avid Boxer

oh thanks

9. BeeDhan

BeeDhan Avid Boxer

I think i have understood now
    restart checkpoint for game over menu
    and start checkpoint for main menu
    i think these are functions

Appossible and volcank like this.
  10. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes Actually I never use a Start Menu in my game current game that is why maybe my text was confusing. Yes Start Checkpoint in GameOver Menu. What happens is I see in most games there is only 1 menu for casual games so when player looses the game that menu shows up with all options continue, remove ads etc. then game starts and then same menu again. So you start restart checkpoint when you don't want the player to continue the progress next day let's say. Restart checkpoint never uploads the previous checkpoint. I simply have like restart game which takes you straight to level 1 and Continue checkpoint which lets you continuye from where you left off even you close the phone and open the game next day etc. In phases I guess only startcheckpoint is used in menu where it says Restart.

ilikefreegames100 and BeeDhan like this.
  11. BeeDhan

BeeDhan Avid Boxer

yes i also think same and thanks for help

if you know can you reply me here
    https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/touch-to-start.8201/