Level Design Help Needed

Discussion in 'Level Design' started by BlueArcXander, Nov 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BlueArcXander

BlueArcXander Boxer

Hey guys,
    Working on something new and ran into a problem!

I'm trying to make it so that when I fire a single bullet and hit my target, I win. However, if I miss my target or hit an object, I lose.
    I'm just wondering how I can go about making this work!

Thank you!!

2. Insanity

Insanity Boxer

If you miss your target and want your character to die if they don't hit an object - Add an invisible object behind the target across the entire screen (opacity = 0) and add Component --> Health to this object. Then inside the "Taking Damage Anim" under the Health component, spawn a massive invisible (opacity = 0) enemy that takes up the whole screen and destroys your character.

Use the same method for visible objects by adding health to these objects and using the Component --> Health --> "Taking Damage Anim".

You will need to add the Health Component to these objects from the master Object Tree, so make sure the invisible object is its own object and the enemy object that will be spawned inside the "Taking Damage Anim" is also its own object so that you can set custom characteristics for these objects. Because these objects are going to ultimately be invisible/transparent they don't need to be graphically flash or anything... I usually use the default BB objects that you start with when you load a template for this kind of thing.

Christoph likes this.