Learning To Draw

Discussion in 'Level Design' started by zurr, Jul 21, 2016.

1. zurr

zurr Boxer

I am developer my self, but I want to learn to draw, more specific I would like to learn 2d game art drawing.
    My drawing skill level is -9999, so I am total beginner. Please give me advice where my journey should start, any book, tutorial, articles will help.

2. veira

veira Boxer

deenasty likes this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Actually, the best would be to take a local drawing course. Drawing is not a thing you can learn just by viewing a few tutorials. This is a very long journey. And a complete other journey is animation for which you first need to know how to draw. Look for a course to draw nude bodies. This will help you in both, drawing and animation. If you already want to make games it probably is best to collaborate with an illustrator or designer.

Another thing you can do if you are more the street-guy or the learning-by-doing-guy, is, to go paint the walls of your city. Graffiti is a very cool way to learn drawing and start to express yourself as an artist. :D

4. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

Only if it wasn't breaking the law.. ( i meant the Graffiti o_O )

5. tite

tite Boxer

Learning the drawing and the animation is a way of many years. Seeing a few tutorials will not turn him into a good draftsman (it will be more help) if he does not practice it daily for years.

FranciscoBala likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Learn to draw on paper first. ;-)

Check out "Commander Mark" or "Mark Kistler" on youtube. You can find his drawing show from the 1980s. Or his current YouTube channel where he teaches drawing. I used to watch him all the time in my younger years. :)

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  7. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

That's what i call some proper old school stuff xD

He does own the technique tho!