Layering Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by K9 Gamer, Sep 10, 2016.

1. K9 Gamer

K9 Gamer Avid Boxer

i`ve got a plat-former game near completion but i have a strange problem that my character keeps going behind the background decorations i have my character set to front and locked on every stage but as soon as i launch my game it gets moved near the middle again and stats going behind the background objects.

I went back through each level and sent all the background to the back reordered everything perfectly and saved as soon as i test it the layers all mess up again?

what do i do?

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Do you have a decoration set to platform?... You could be seeing some collision weirdness

3. K9 Gamer

K9 Gamer Avid Boxer

Nope there are set as decoration and at the back but once i load my game to test the character gets moved into the middle of the object list.
    For some reason the layering keeps doing it own thing and not staying in the order i put it.
    This only started happening today yesterday it was all fine.

4. K9 Gamer

K9 Gamer Avid Boxer

If i right click on my character and set to front on every scene then save why don`t the character stay in that position in the game-play layer is it a bug?

5. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

I've noticed the same thing today. I can place my character at the top, play the scene, then later he will drop back down the order, without any new objects/items added.

I've placed almost all objects in Layers to make it easier to move around and keep control over.I did notice that by locking the layers or objects, the player doesn't drop below them.