Kill Main Character If Clone (from Portal) Is Dead

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Aight, Dec 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Aight

Aight Boxer

So the main character goes through a portal and appears with it's clone. If clone is killed main character keeps running.
    I am trying to accomplish if one of the characters is killed game should be over.

Any idea appreciated.

2. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

I dont know what do you want to do , but if you want to clone your character and then to kill one (to continue the game until you die with only one character) you can use ~Gatekeeper` and keep only 1 character ;)

3. Aight

Aight Boxer

Actually I am trying to make a game that has two character runs at the same time. If one of them dies, game have to be over.
    But when clone dies main character keeps running.
    I tried to connect a null object (collide, destroy char) on character and locate it right next to other character, so when clone dies that null object would kill the main character. But there is an issue on this workaround, connected objects is not run through portals. So when character passes through one, connected object disappears.

4. Aight

Aight Boxer

Hey @Andy what determines which one is the clone and which one is the main character with portals?
    Is it distance or what?

5. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

You can add a huge invincible enemy object into the death animation of your character that way when the character dies the object also kills the other one.

Aight and blad300 like this.
  6. Aight

Aight Boxer

Yes, this one worked for me. It has be a really huge enemy object that has also a huge collision shape. Otherwise don't work.

Thank you @telerebor , I really appreciated!

7. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

No problem buddy