Keep Precise Pixels When Scaling An Image

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by alexsafayan, Dec 18, 2016.

1. alexsafayan

alexsafayan Boxer

I have a one color png image with dimensions of 24x24, and when I scale it up the edges become blurry. Is there any way I can make the edges sharp? (no blur?)

Keep in mind it's a one color square image, so I'm not asking on how to get better quality graphics.

Is import a larger image the only way?

2. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

The only way is to make the image larger in Photoshop, etc... If it is only one color, then making it larger and importing it in will be minimal size increase.

alexsafayan likes this.
  3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

You can also create an object that uses multiple sprites in the default animation and then do a sprite optimization to reduce the required Atlas size for that object. Let's say you need a 3x bigger object (72px in your example), then you place the same sprite over and over again to your default animation in a 3x3 matrix configuration. Now one by one you edit the each one of the sprites and select the very same sprite from the list of sprites. Now after deleting unused images option you will end up using one single sprite for a larger looking yet still sharp image...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    playsgames6666 likes this.