Just Upgraded To Bb 3.2.0 What Just Happen?

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by tonymartz2, Apr 15, 2020.

1. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

hey guys, I don't know when BB 3.2.0 was released but I happen to see it when opening a new template to play with. I upgraded and opened a recent app that I already published. with no changes I did an app and sent it to my galaxy.. wow it got 2 X slow... the lag got worse..
    can someone confirm this new issue. the response on on the older version was much faster.

Im lost here.....

Thanks

2. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

BB3 for sure has some lag issues, it seems mostly related to texture loading. I have been playing with it pretty heavily and notice that there seems to be some texture preloading going on that wasn’t happening before.
    I can really see it when you present the user with the ability to purchase multiple characters using the Selector/State method. Each character having its own model and texture. All of the characters and textures get loaded at the start of the game causing a huge lag before the first scene loads. I can assure you this was not happening in earlier versions since I have used this method in recent past.

Also appears to be less stable in the BB editor, alot more crashes. But, it’s a beta. I’m sure most of the issues we are experiencing will be or are already be addressed.

It’s beta. So I’m sure there will be improvements.

3. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

did not realized it was still a beta, it said update available when I was going to start a new template so I just clicked on update.
    but still one of the big issues with BB3 was the lag, and this update made it much worse... I already have all shadows disabled.
    for now I will have to downgrade to the other version because this 3.2.0 is so slow that its unplayable. yes is has a bunch of fix and addition but with the crazy lag issue it's all pointless. Love BB and it potential hopefully soon it will be decent.