Just Made The Switch From Gamesalad

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by everchangeapps, Jan 14, 2018.

1. everchangeapps

everchangeapps Boxer

Hey guys, Nathan here with my one man show Everchange Apps. 27 years old Never coded a line in my life and started apps on a whim from a friend years ago.

As the title said, i just made the switch from gamesalad. I have been making apps there since 2013ish. had a few decent ones, me and a partner had like 30-35 appson the store totalling about 6 million downloads, and we split half anf half in 17. So now im down to a few less apps and less revenue. Unfortunately i let my main job and life get in the way of keeping up with my apps, and so my revenue has dropped substantially. BUT
    I decided, im coming back full force and hitting it head on and to do that, i figured i needed the best new builder. I remember hearing about buildbox and Trey back when he was first launching, watching some videos, and wanting to get in (the price tag was too high back then for me). and now here I am.

Bought and downloaded BB last night and already have my first game pending approval. I can see the overall process from start to finish was insanely simple and so much faster then the constant syntax, attribute coding in Gamesalad. Ill be looking at possibly porting some of my games over to BB from gamesalad, but that will take some time as they are pretty complex actions that i will have to relearn how to make in BB.

Check out my store and thanks for making buildbox, look forward to sharing and engaging with you guys!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/nathaniel-wilson/id954934708

PS. Music apps built our mobile network mainly, and grew the revenue the most for a long time. Quiz Craft was our big hitter, we hit everything we needed to in it to make it work when we initially launched it and people were playing it alot 8-10k downloads a day its first week. Then we realized we didnt turn ads on lol. Soon as we updated, it dropped instantly to 1000-1500 a day. and has tapered off alot since then. After a bunch of copyright meetings with Mojang, and constant revisions ive had to do to stay in compliance it sits on the store as it is today.

Thanks!

AndyG and adrogdesigns like this.
  2. everchangeapps

everchangeapps Boxer

Just Revamped the same game, using a lot more knowledge that ive learned in the last few hours. Publishing it as well :) this is fast.

3. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Welcome to Buildbox Nathan. Never a dull day in our world :)

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Welcome !

You just made a game in one day? Or did I misunderstand something? :)

5. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Hey man! I used Gamesalad once too!

6. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I looked at Gamesalad once. Run away, run away :)

Benfont likes this.
  7. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I used Gamesalad for ages. But like all drag N drop software, trying to keep up with market changes are tough. It was a nice piece of kit though. I made my flappy bird clone with it, which still brings in on average $20 a day.

AndyG likes this.
  8. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

thats a nice wee earner. $600 per month. congrats :)

9. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

Welcome to BuildBox

10. everchangeapps

everchangeapps Boxer

Yup, check it out, just wanted to get a feel for the builder start to finish. And my motto and focus has always been i can make 1 app that makes 10k a month, or i can make 10 apps that make 1000. or 100 that make 100. Either way, its self developed so no overhead.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1335526147

Christoph likes this.