Jumping To Next Checkpoint With In App Purchase

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by volcank, Nov 13, 2016.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi I am trying to create an in app purchase system like in Phases where in the main menu you could simply select Skip Stage and with an in app purchase you could skip to next check point. I have my level as scenes not finished yet. But still trying to add this feature for my game. So when character dies we have a game over screen and if we purchase Skip Level We can play next checkpoint when we click restart checkpoint. I know I can do this with an action button easily on the game area and let the person buy the next checkpoint action but would like to do that in gameover screen. Thank you. Please check the screenshot.

Attached Files:

2. meremy

meremy Avid Boxer

Did you manage to do it eventually ?

volcank likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes I did. It is fairly easy actually. Follow the steps below.

-Create an action and set it to next checkpoint.
    -Create another action and set it to set checkpoint. Add the set checkpoint action inside your game scenes where you would like the player to continue. Make sure it is touchable every possible. If Game vertical make it a long horizontal line kind of vice versa. Also make it invisivle by setting its tranperancy to 0.
    -In your GameOver or Main Menu add a purchase button and inside the purchase button settings select your newly created Action (Next Checkpoint)
    -Set it to In App Purchases.
    -this part is the most important which I didn't know. Click on BUY AND USE. (If not the player only purchases and the button doesn't work)
    -So test it when the player clicks the button it will automatically skip to next level (the checkpoints you set in your scenes) and the game will start automatically.
    -The best way to test it inside your buildbox is set the button to In Game Currency like 1 or 2 coins and collect some coins inside the game. And test the button with that coins. Make sure you set it to in app purchases when you publish.

Good Luck

SuperVudu and meremy like this.
  4. meremy

meremy Avid Boxer

I've managed to do it. I want it with Reward video. I played a bit with BUY AND USE and forgot to let it checked. Thanks man

5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

No problem. Glad to be helpful and you made it! I guess rewarded video is also applicable. I never tried to make a rewarded video to work. Do you do it with Mediation with Heyzap. I saw @Christoph 's tutorial but that seems way too complicated for me. Also I see there are still issues with implementing it Heyzap SDK 10 so I am working on my current projects for now. Is there an easier way to implement Heyzap?? Thank You!

6. meremy

meremy Avid Boxer

I did it with next checkpoint with reward videos from HeyZap and it worked. No idea if there is an easier way to implement Heyzap since i've dont it on an old game of a colegue :( sorry

volcank likes this.
  7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hmm Actually I meant mediation of using other networks like Unity or Applovin etc. So in your case it seems you used Heyzap straight so it worked. Never tried that way. I wonder how the revenue is by only using Heyzap.

8. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

You can add Unity and Apploving to Heyzap. Heyzap is a mediation service, they have their own ad service but let you add other 3rd parties and systems choose best (with largest cpm) ad to display.