Jumping Preset

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Cristian, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi there,

I am having an issue understanding the Jumping Preset platforms inside the game. Character can pass trough when jumping up but can land and jump on them after. So is acting like a platform when jumping on it but as a declaration item with no collision when passing trough it.

How that can be achieved from scratch?

Thanks,
    C

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

select an object in the assets panel to the far left... in options panel to the far right you will see an option of the default animation to edit the collision shape. in the upper left of the collision shape editor is a dropdown menu to select your shape, and just to the right of that menu is an arrow button... clicking this enables pass through, and the direction you drag that arrow denotes the direction your character will ignore the collision shape

RSG-Games likes this.
  3. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

@heathclose You are the man! Thanks, working like a charm, never knew what that was :) Regards, C

heathclose likes this.
  4. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

@heathclose I am bother you again. I have something and cannot figure it out. I press pause and have a button that links to world selection, like world 1, world 2 world 3. For some reason when i press world menu the menu appears with the 4 worlds but after 1 sec the screen shakes as I would die in the game.

I mention that in game I don't have any enemies close to me. Is happening even when i press poause after 1 sec the game started.

Button is set as back jump > wolrd selection.

Any ideas why is this happening?

Edit: Huh, this is odd. :/ I selected button to act as DEFAULT and dragged it to world selection UI. Does not do that anymore. Odd that on that function it does that. Is a bug somehow? Should work the same.