Java Jump

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by nthen778, Mar 27, 2016.

1. nthen778

nthen778 Boxer

Java Jump is a game made with BB 2.0. I thought I would go with a Q*Bert like game with this one. The overall goal is to collect as many donuts as possible and reach the hot and rich cup of coffee. Tell me what you think. This is still in development and won't be complete for a while yet. Any suggestions, comments and (constructive) criticism would be appreciated.

Declan Emery likes this.
  2. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

Hey @nthen778, I like your game, especially the donuts&coffee part. I thought you could speed up the game first, at an average speed of all these kind of game. People always addicted with some difficult game haha.

3. nthen778

nthen778 Boxer

I'll definitely do that. You're right, it's always fun playing a game with the right amount of challenge. How challenging it should be, that's the difficult part.

4. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

Yes, that's why some simple games became really popular, just cause their challenges are so unique and clever. Wish you could make a excellent game! Can't wait to eat donuts;)

5. Blaze

Blaze Boxer

@nthen778 a couple of newbie questions: what game preset did you use for this game build? did you build in BB1 or just BB2?

6. nthen778

nthen778 Boxer

@Blaze 1. There really isn't any game presets for this one. It's just a matter of experimenting with the game's properties. With this one it was jumps force and platform friction. 2. I used BB 2, because you can't transport to different worlds with BB 1. And I wanted to look like Qbert without actually being Qbert.

7. Blaze

Blaze Boxer

@nthen778 Thank you so much for sharing. I'm still learning as I go and I am inspired by games like this. Best of luck to you.

8. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

i found the cube color terrible... Trust me don't make that game with that colors make them green white or just watch mars mountian ..cause the cubes are terrible black and white...