Issue With Ads

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Malyssa, Aug 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Malyssa

Malyssa Boxer

So I've finally got my app in Google play with banner ads. I needed to fix something so I also added interstitial ads in, coming up every 5 times you die. Now they're rejecting my update because the ads aren't age appropriate even though I didn't change any settings in admobs and it's their own ad system. Any ideas on how to fix this?

volcank likes this.
  2. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

I guess you need to set that up at Admob dashboard.

3. aartiyadav

aartiyadav Boxer

You basically just need to fix whatever issues they had with your app (be it the listing, content rating, etc). Sometimes your app might just get falsely flagged by the system and may not need any actual changes to fix.

In any case, then all you have to do is:
    • Update the version name and version number for your APK in your build.gradle file
    • Build your release APK, and upload that to the Play Dashboard as a new update
    • Copy your release notes over from the previous release (which was rejected) - the Dashboard has a feature for this if you don’t want to manually copy/paste
    • Start your rollout, and target the same audience size as your denied release (if this is your launch, this should be 100%)

4. Malyssa

Malyssa Boxer

I figured it out. I just checked the box that made it have a warning saying not for children under 13.

Josh (Nology Games) likes this.