Isometric game setup tutorial/guide?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by dgs_stan, May 22, 2016.

1. dgs_stan

dgs_stan Boxer

Hi

Is there a guide or tutorial on how to set up isometric game from scratch instead of using the given pre made template? I want to see/learn how it's set up, like how was the view rotated, how the character was set up, I can see that it's following some kind of circle but I have no idea what that circle is, and how the block move.

Thanks
    Stan

2. jayloh

jayloh Boxer

Hi Stan im also working on the same issue here. . Take a look its awesome. Im trying to make the object look like its in 3 dimensional space even when it falls and rotates like that. I only have a few hints. Use rotation mapper, and use 3d software to render the graphic, rotate it, and divide the animation rotation into 360 degrees. Problem is there is no tutorial as to how to use the rotation mapper. It just says in the manual, "This is rotation mapper, this is its purpose. end of story". Thats just sad. I wish there was more tutorials. The only serious downside to this engine is the lack of tutorials and lack of user-base. I think too many developers are working on writing their own code in other more complex engines for their software so that they have flexibility rather than working on gameplay and getting lots of games out. I'm sorry i cant help you at the moment, but if i find anything Ill let you know. Lets keep in contact here is my skype: lohjiesheng.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  3. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer