Is This Possible To Do..?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by DipDip, Feb 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DipDip

DipDip Boxer

I would like to display a graphic which will show the user how the controls work while they are playing the game.

Ive Added in a object which shows the instructions but its being manipulated by the game direction and thus scrolling off screen when it should be staying still. Can I do this and make it hide away after 2 secs?

An example for this is Temple Run. Look at the screenshot below. The instruction is a overlay not affected by the games direction and it hides away after 2 seconds. Can I do this in Buildbox?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You can have something like a 'Tutorial' scene that has a play limit set by you. So for example. So after 3 plays of the game, it no longer appears.

3. Danlespect

Danlespect Avid Boxer

You can also add a tuto-animation that ends after 2s at the event "Open" in the world UI.

4. DipDip

DipDip Boxer

@spicedbeangames : I kinda want it so that the tutorial level plays and then plays the level immediately. Will this way work with that idea?

@Danlespect : This sounds good but will it let me show another screen animation after the first one ends ? So tut 1 shows and then fades out. Tut 2 shows and then fades out.

5. Danlespect

Danlespect Avid Boxer

Yes you can easily do this, you just need to add more frames and to show your Tut 2 after Tut 1 faded out.