Is it possible to add logic to multiple sides of one isometric cube?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by ash_white, Mar 11, 2016.

1. ash_white

ash_white Boxer

Forgive my lack of terminology here... I'm a newb....

I want to create a rotating cube with each face being a colour that, when aligned with a matching coloured surface, will allow the user to progress through the game. I'm guessing I need to create a 3D animation and upload as an asset into the game as I can't see how one creates 3D objects that can be manipulated directly within the game...

My question is - Is it possible to add logic/actions to each face of a cube, even if some parts of the cube are not always visible during the rotation/animation (e.g. faces of the cube will sometimes be at the front, side or behind/hidden).

I hope that is clear enough but if you need more info I'll be happy to provide.

Thanks all :)

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Not sure it would be possible.
    I can't see how you would be able to set the collision you would need to an animated 3d object.
    Im really not sure.

3. ash_white

ash_white Boxer

Thanks for your response @playsgames6666. I wonder if you could set a collision point that switches on and off in sync with the animation?
    So, as the cube rotates the collision would be timed to activate on during the matching colour and then switched back off or made as a kill action.

Not sure if that made much sense there... I'm still learning what everything means.

4. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Yea it makes sense but not achievable in BB. Well that I'm aware of anyway.

5. ash_white

ash_white Boxer

ah, thats a shame. Is there any other software you would recommend for me to achieve this? I don't want to step on BB's toes by asking, I just really want to create this game :)

thanks