Is Aso Really Dead?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Bilz636, Sep 1, 2017.

?

Is ASO still working for you?

1. Yes :)

2. No :(

3. I dont know :/

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

Hi Homies

As Title said "Is ASO (Appstore Search Optimization) dead"?

Few Months back @TreySmith maintained that apple had changed a lot of things so ASO no longer work well thats why we indie dev rely on publishers for our app success.

But of course many of us unlucky just like me who did not got seat in Elite publisher are still using ASO.

I just want to know if aso working for you or not? ( for apple and android)

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

ASO = App Store Optimization

ASO is the icon, the description, the screenshots. Everything that the potential user looks at when he gets to your landing page. So you definitely want to have a superb ASO because if it's not, then nobody will download your game even if they get to your landing page in the appstore. Now, regarding the keyword part which is ASO as well... this is not dead either BUT if you can't enforce it, it won't help you much. And with enforce it I mean you need downloads for your specific keyword. Somebody searches 'jump' and then downloads your game. This gives you better ranking for this specific keyword. You can buy burst campaigns on Android (even though Google will probably notice and then ban your account anyway) but for iOS nothing similar exists. All services who promise they can do it for iOS are lying and will get your account suspended for sure. So stay away from them. So this means there is no way of enforcing it unless you have a looooot of downloads through your marketing campaign. This way sometimes you can channel the search of your new users and they'll use your keywords as well. But mostly this reduces itself to the title of your game. So competing with keywords is hard, but doing it now, competing as well with the paid ads from Apple which basically use keywords for it as well, is just impossible. So this is pretty much dead. At least when you compare it to how it was before.

Bilz636 likes this.
  3. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

Very Infomatic thanks

so you're trying to say we need some external campaign to get a lot of downloads like running ads to make it successful right? if i am not wrong here