Iphone And Ipad Background Issues. Buttons Also

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Rusted, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

So I have been building a game and testing primarily on my iPhonr and has been working great. Background and buttons are all in place...so I decided to build onto my iPad so my son can play and holy smokes ! Everything is out of wack. Background is offset...buttons aren’t where they should be.

I even went to change the size of the background to make it bigger but B.B. doesn’t allow a BG larger than 2040....and then I even tried stretching the image with the inspector tool (or whatever ya call it). Tried changing offset and tiling. No worky

Also I clicked on and off “stick to edge” and hasn’t helped my button problem either. Also...one more thing is my score is in place on phone but not the iPad. I’m not really sure when and when NOT to use stick to edge. Besides the EDGE...what edge is it suppose to be sticking to ?

Thanks for any help
    Rusted

AppNasty likes this.
  2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Make sure you go to SETTINGS in top right and where it says SCREEN ADJUSTMENT, select HEIGHT for portrait games, and WIDTH for landscape games. Or just hit auto. Then try.
    Oh and the rule of thumb when using STICK TO EDGE is IF an object is near edge of screen, use it. If not, don't use it.

Rusted likes this.
  3. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

Screen adjustment ahhhhhh yes I have over looked that I will try that and let you know.

Sir you are very active in the forums thank you.

AppNasty likes this.
  4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yeah.....i have no life. [insert depression here]

Rusted likes this.