iPhone 4 and iPad mini too slow

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by alenvican, Feb 23, 2016.

1. alenvican

alenvican Boxer

Hi, can you help me?
    How can i make my game run in normal speed on iPhone 4 and iPad mini, the game is too slow because it is too hard on processor (i think because of the default iphone 5 resolution)

Running on simulator on my computer it is smooth, running in normal speed, even in Full HD and on my iPhone 6

But i want to make a game for every iOS device, starting from iPhone 4 and later

The game Phases runs on all devices at normal speed, so they solved the problem
    I use latest Buildbox 1.3.2 version

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I would say do not worry about iPhone 4, whoever did not upgrade to 5 or newer will not pay a penny for your game anyways... We cannot support every single iPhone releases from the epoch, and iPhone 5 is already 4th gen old, soon 5th...

BB supposed to automatically disable certain things on slower devices, I had similar problems with my soon to be released game on iPad 2. Then all in a sudden this problem magically disappeared as I added more and more scenes. OK, this still makes me nervous as I do not have a control over it and cannot 100% guarantee that this speed optimization will always kick off on older devices, but that is how it is at the moment...

Anyways, look up for speed optimization stuff on this forum, there are some very good advise from members of this community.

BossGames likes this.
  3. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

Its probably down to the size of your files that cause loading time. Plus, if you have lots of moving objects, that will create a strain too. In Buildbox, only create art for the size you need. So if you need a platform that is 64x128 for example, don't make it 128x256 then reduce it.

BossGames likes this.
  4. BossGames

BossGames Boxer

I agree with jigglybean reduce your graphics size and I would recommend to remove any lighting/practical effects good luck

5. alenvican

alenvican Boxer

Thank you guys, you are all right, i'm gonna try your suggestions and let you know if it works :D

6. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Check out the number of Atlases you have. If its over 10 your heading towards issues on iPhone 4 and earlier devices.