Ios10 Now Available And Looks Cool

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by JoeWilson, Sep 14, 2016.

1. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

Anyone having any problems with building and exporting games from buildbox to IOS10 devices? A friend has ios10 it loaded on his iPhone and it looks pretty slick. I'm reluctant to upgrade my iPhone as its the only iPhone test device I have and don't want to be stuck not being able to do test build on it.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Just keep using Xcode 7 and iOS 9 SDK for building. Your games should run on iOS 10 devices with no issues. I would not update you production tools and testing devices yet unless you have an extra one for iOS 10. It always takes a few months for Apple and other 3rd parties to work out issues.

JoeWilson likes this.
  3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Yep if you upgrade to iOS 10 then you need Xcode 8 which is not fully supported by BuildBox. Few ppl here including myself was able to build and run and debug BuildBox projects on Xcode 8 and iOS 10 but officially that is not supported and if you have any issues support cannot help you out...

4. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Good to know, I was tempted. What about Mac Sierra? Any issues with BB? @Andy @trudnai

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I probably won't install Sierra for a while... but I'm not aware of any issues with it. If you need Xcode 6.4 (I still need it for now) I don't think it runs there.

6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I have the Sierra since GM Seed 1, then 2 and now the Final version. So far so good... Even building to Mac platform using the Xcode 8 works for me -- HOWEVER, without using any Ads or Analytics or any other 3rd party libraries! Jo just be warned, my tests are far from complete and as @Andy mentioned officially this is not supported by BuildBox.

ajcoryat likes this.
  7. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

@Andy Any word on Buildbox supporting Xcode 8 and iOS10?

Thanks in advance!

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Typically we've released support for the yearly Xcode update around the end of the year, I expect this year to be the same. Remember using Xcode 7 your games will still run with no issues on devices running iOS 10.

9. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

Thanks @Andy -- good to know. The upgrade to iOS 10 nag screen is really getting old.