Independent Build Box Tutorial Requests

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Machine Rises, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Hey guys so I am going to be starting an independent Build Box Youtube channel dedicated to tutorials on a range of things I think people will find beneficial. My intent is to go as deep as I can into anything having to do with the software as well as a few other topics that are crucial for game development with it. I would love to get some requests from current customers or anyone new to Build Box for video tutorials. I am doing this on my own, so I will do my best to make them on a consistent basis. I think I can make these on a weekly basis. Please let me know in this thread if you have any specific tutorial requests.

Also as a side note, if you have made a cool discovery or have a neat trick/tip you would like to share but don't have time to make a video, just send it my way and I'll make a video highlighting that as well as crediting you in the video.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Interestingly I raised a request for this types of videos similar to what Corona Geeks guys does for popular corona sdk games. If possible, I would request you pick some popular Buildbox games and do video on some physics used if you know it or maybe by the developers themselves to help newbies learn some of the tricks used.

3. evovi

evovi Guest

sounds great buddy ill be paying close attention to this and your youtube channel when ready

4. mobile_gamegraphics

mobile_gamegraphics Boxer

@Machine Rises We actually were considering starting a Youtube channel ourselves doing the same thing. Why don't we discuss this? :) We were thinking of making agile and short videos that would describe what you can do with Buildbox, starting simple with a platform moving in the different directions, character animations etc.. Perhaps we can provide you with some of our nice assets for your tutorials? www.mobilegamegraphics.com let me know if it sounds interesting and we might find a way to collaborate on this?

5. Machine Rises

Hey @mobile_gamegraphics I think it's probably best to just do our own tutorials so that there is even more exposure for Build Box. We will have different perspectives on it which will also be good. I'm happy to use your graphics for some videos as long as I am given full rights to use them in the videos.

colette_levesque likes this.
  6. mobile_gamegraphics

mobile_gamegraphics Boxer

I am sure we can work something out. :) We have established this type of setup with other bloggers doing tutorials with other Game Builders - we provide right to publish your own game with the assets, provided you reference & links us in the tutorials? Let me know your thoughts and perhaps how we can contact you? (email/Skype)

7. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

8. Machine Rises

@trygiimusic I will make one specifically for this in depth. Not sure how many videos a week but I will try to do 5 at least.

9. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

Awesome @Machine Rises
    Do you already have a youtube channel? I'd like to subscribe immediately so I don't miss any videos :)

Edit: A tutorial for left and right etc control buttons for iOS/Android would be nice :)
    I'll definitely comeback here once I have some more requests. I recommend making a list ;)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  10. Machine Rises

Currently making the first batch of videos. Will def have a handful up tomorrow once recording, editing, and processing are done.

robert_rackstraw, darone and Jamie like this.
  11. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Who's the man?
    You the man

12. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

wow that would be great it will save newb like us a lot of time figuring out the settings please show us some buildbox secrets no one is willing to share the tricks behind the creation of their games for me i want to learn every trick so i can have the ability to create a new brand games. by the way it take a lot of time, tweaking and figuring how to apply games idea that people already know about it

cantinuelo likes this.
  13. Machine Rises

Gonna have to release my first batch early next week. Got some game deadlines I have to make. Having fun making these though!

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  14. suat_zbek

suat_zbek Boxer

I want platform game basic details. Example Size, How can we go up to the screen ? Choise Levels and Revard ...
    THANKS...

15. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@Machine Rises I know there isn't any videos yet, but did you create a channel already so that I can subscribe and don't miss anything? :)

16. Machine Rises

@trygiimusic I will have my channel go live Thursday or Friday. Don't worry I'll post here a link soon as it's live.;)

17. Machine Rises

Definitely Friday. Forgot I have a gig Thursday away from my mac haha.

18. robert_rackstraw

robert_rackstraw Boxer

Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Thanks for taking the time.

19. Machine Rises

Made some basic videos so far. Got about five tutorials. Just finishing up editing and uploading to youtube. I'll post a link when it's all ready. I will be adding more videos every week. Since it's a time commitment per video, it will definitely be some time before I have everything I would like up. Hope you guys get something out of them.

sysads, andre_sprs and Jamie like this.
  20. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Bookmarked :D