Increase Game Speed Over Time

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by sir_freddy, Nov 17, 2017.

1. sir_freddy

sir_freddy Boxer

Hello,
    I am currently working on a game similar to the impossible game and I want the gamespeed to increase overtime. I set forced movement to min 75, max 100 and increase to 1.
    I assume this means game speed starts at 75 and increases slowly up to a 100? Correct me please if I missunderstood those options.

My problem is that nothing is really changing when I play with those numbers. I also changed my character max speed but that did not help either.

I hope somebody can tell me a solution how I make my game start slow and increase over time!
    upload_2017-11-18_1-57-18.png upload_2017-11-18_1-57-52.png

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Try with a smaller number for increase. Start with 0.1 or 0.01.

3. sir_freddy

sir_freddy Boxer

Thanks for the tip, that already helped a little. I think my main problem is that I dont really understand what forced movement does.. When I set min and max higher it just looks like my jump animation is faster but not the game itself.

I uploaded a video showing my problem. The first game was with forced movement 150 and the second with 75:

4. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Your doing it right @sir_freddy Its trial and error really to find the correct Increase value. Unfortunately its not clear at all how to mathematically figure this out. Just punch in some low values, play your game and see what works. Below are the values I have currently if that helps any!

fdmv.png

Danlespect, Mr Goodcat and sir_freddy like this.
  5. sir_freddy

sir_freddy Boxer

Thank you, I just tried different numbers and I found a solution now. It is not perfect but I guess it is fine this way ;D

AndyG likes this.