In App Purchases Not Being Consumed

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by Pandzzz, Oct 16, 2020.

1. BoxerErik

BoxerErik Administrator Staff Member

Hi Milania,

I'm letting you know that I still haven't received the bbdoc that I was requesting in my yesterday's email.

2. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Vlad

Unfortunately the change in code didn't make a difference in the live version of my app. Same as before, the purchase goes through but the items and the confirmation send code are not activated, and I cannot repurchase the item as it says "I already own the item".

Any other ideas?

Regards
    Andy

3. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

It feels like
    Your setup is triggering something that was not I te des or setup as intended. I need more time to investigate this issue. My suspicios are:
    1. You are using a setup intended. For multiple purchases but the actual purchase is for one time only
    2. The actual output is never triggered past purchase

Here is the documentation for an actual button and what types of purchases are available. (just info for me when I get to a pc, you can ignore it)

- Ideas so far for proposals, combine that "purchase" node with an actual purchase button on ui
    - Came up with a way to do so in order to make sure the callback is happening and have the ability to reward the player the desired item

Questions:
    Do you happen to have that purchase I'd setup to add something in game beside unlocking it?
    Do you happened to set the logger so that you can say for sure that the callback function was triggered post purchase?

4. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

5. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Vlad

The UI purchase button seems a bit limited. The only action available is "Remove Adverts". If I scroll down to the bottom there are extra settings but I cannot see a place where I can assign items of anything to the purchase. See screenshot.

If you have a way to combine the purchase "Node" with the purchase button UI that would be good. I was using objects because it was easier to set up and some of my purchase buttons were objects in the world settings because I wanted to create a scrolling feature which only worked with worlds.

Yes I set the logger up when I previewed in Buildbox and it definitely triggered the "End" output signal. But I can't use the logger in the actual live app or can I (I don't know how to view comments in the actual app)?

Attached Files:

6. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Forgot this screenshot

Attached Files:

7. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Alright,

first I think the store key is the actual hash generated (e.g afrwadagraaa) and not the name.
    Second remove that delay node since that won't do its job after the callback methods is called.

Assuming that what you said about output being triggered in prevew this should work.

For my proposals I need to be on a pc to test and share my ideas afterwards. And I don't have access to a pc for few days due to some medical emergency in my family.

8. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Also to double check that
    Right? I cannot see it in the screen shot but I assume that's how is set up

9. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Vlad

I actually don't have delays set up in my other purchase nodes. I only put that one there because I thought maybe the signal was too fast and that's why my purchases were not going through. I will remove it anyway.

As for the hash codes....aren't they generated per purchase? I don't know how to get the hash code as there is no mention of them in android's developer console.

Sorry to hear that about your family. I really appreciate the work you're doing on this. My game releases on the 30th March so that's why I'm pretty keen to get this working but I don't want to rush you either. I do wish Buildbox would also help.

As for the code you mentioned (Settings.["power up" + B] = Settings.["power up" + B] + A), yes this is correct. "A" is a number that I set depending on the purchase button. "B" is just a code to differentiate between the power up types.

I look forward to seeing if your suggestion will work.

Regards
    Andy

10. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Can someone please add this code and retest the purchase node?

Code:
    const callback = function(){
        component.emitSignal('End', true);
    }

function signal(name, value){
        if(value){
            let storeId = this.attribute('Store Identifier');
            System.purchase( storeId, callback() );
        }
    }

11. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Just tested this in the Buildbox Preview and its works (Logger node also says "true"). Will upload to playstore and test to see if it works there.

Regards
    Andy

12. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Cool, let me know if it works. Please note that this node is coded to be one time purchase but will see as we try to figure it out

Pandzzz likes this.
  13. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Vlad

Unfortunately the new code didn't work. it did the opposite thing this time. The "End" output signal was activated but the playstore was not contacted so the item is rewarded even though the player did not purchase anything.

Last I spoke to Buildbox they were overhauling the whole IAP setup because of issues with the android system so we may not be able to get it working anyway. But we should still try :).

Regards
    Andy

14. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Yeah this is what I found based on my reaserch.

The core structure needs to be modified in order to provide more options (like the UI button has) and / or to code stuff differently. I'll continue to investigate as soon as I can. The co clusion is simple, you will need the .bind method to make it work

Until then try this please

Code:
    const callback = function(){
    }

if(value){
            System.purchase( storeId, callback);
        }
    }

15. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Vlad

This looks like the same code as before which didn't work for me in the live app :(

16. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Yes, I think you are right, I have to find another way but its hard since I didn't know when the callback is triggered. Let me find something else and I'll write some suggestions soon:

UPDATE:
    Code:
        if(value){
            System.purchase( storeId, () =>{
            });
        }
    }
    The above code should be the same as the original, the good thing is that it should work the bad thing is that I cannot test it since I don't have my setup for this. There are two outputs that can be expected here:
    1) Everything works and you will get your items and what you expect
    2) Payment works but the callback crashes the app therefore no items are added as a reward (and for this I will need some logs to identify where it is crashing or you can wait for an update from the bb team)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    Josh (Nology Games) likes this.
  17. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

PS: Don't test the preview on windows since this will crash the client even on the latest beta builds

Milania likes this.
  18. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Vlad

I will test this out today. If it works I would be happy to send you a small donation for your help as you have gone out of your way to help fix this issue and you really didn't have to. So I really appreciate it and would be happy to compensate you for it :)

I will let you know how it goes. fingers crossed!

Regards
    Andy

Josh (Nology Games) likes this.
  19. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Sorry. Im still waiting to test the last code you sent. its taking a while to get this last app reviewed.

Hopefully will get it done in the next day or two.

20. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Finally got approved. But unfortunately it didn't work. Same response as before. Item can be purchased but doesn't consume :(