In App Purchases Not Being Consumed

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by Pandzzz, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Everyone

I have In App Purchases set up in my game which all have managed products set up in the Android Developer Console. I have a "test" credit card set up to test the purchases. Currently, the purchases go through and are successful but the item being bought is not actually given to the user nor is the "End" output on the Purchase node activated.

After googling, it all points to the purchase not being consumed but I just dont know how to get this working.

Buildbox support doesn't seem very responsive to my emails so I cant get much help from them. If anyone can help me that would be super appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Andy

2. HueTheDev

HueTheDev Moderator Staff Member

Hi Andy,
    I'll take a look at this issue for you. Can you send me your email address, so I can look up your previous messages?
    If you would like to keep your email address private, you can DM it to me in the Buildbox Discord server to @Hue. https://discord.gg/puBfbD8

Josh (Nology Games) likes this.
  3. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Hue

Thanks for helping. You are an actual legend!

I was emailing buildbox support about another issue I was experiencing and didn't get much response but the last message I sent was pretty much the same as the one in this thread. I was told my emails to "Support@buildbox.com" couldn't be found so I have been messaging one of the admin guys but they were also not really that responsive. Not sure if everyone is super busy or something.

I will copy all the messages I sent and re-send them to you on discord. If you find a solution, I will post it back on this thread so it can help anyone else who comes across it.

4. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Everyone.

Conversations are extremely slow with buildbox support so if anyone else can chip in here and help me out that would be really great!

Thanks again.
    Andy

5. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Community Manager Staff Member

Support does get quite busy, so a conversation can be a little tricky to keep at a fast pace with replying back and forth. with that being said, if there is an issue that you are having with the in-app purchase, then we need to ask multiple questions to figure out the issue.

6. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Josh

I haven't really been asked anything yet. I believe its being looked at currently, but all I know so far is that I have sent some files for them to look at and haven't really heard back from that.

Anyway, I think I should hear back soon but if anyone knew anything in the meantime then it wouldn't hurt :). You don't happen to have any ideas do you (either from a buildbox or android studio point of view)?

7. HueTheDev

HueTheDev Moderator Staff Member

Hi there, I was able to download your bbdoc, but did not get any crashes at all. You posted that you have two graphic cards. Are you sure the Nvidia card is selected and being used for Buildbox. If not you might have to disable the UHD card, so only the Nvidia card is being used. You might be right about there being a memory overload, being that you said this is the only game that's giving you this problem. (w/Crashing) For example, it did not crash when I opened it and tried what you explained. (And I tried even more options to get a crash. Also did not crash while running on an Android device)
    My computer specs are: Windows 10 Enterprise Intel 17-8700K CPU 4.2GHz
    RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000Mhz
    Three screen setup running on a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
    So, you might have an issue where you would need either more RAM or a better graphics card to work with a game this size.

As far as the In-App-Purchases. Let's start with how the IAP ID's are worded. I would recommend not using symbols or Capitals.
    I also responded to you via Discord. If you can show me the IAP ID's via Discord, we could start there.

8. chris15smile

chris15smile Boxer

Hey

I have just hit this exact same issue, did you find an answer?

Kind Regards