Idle Sound(s) Continue To Play When Game Is Paused

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by LBPToo, Dec 6, 2016.

1. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

The title pretty much says it all. I have an idle sound on an object and when the game is paused all sounds stop except for the object's idle sound. As you would expect, if multiple objects have idle sounds they all continue to play on pause.

2. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

That is why it is called idle, and the sound will play while the object within its live threshold
    It may look odd, but this how it is
    What you want to do?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  3. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Hi @liqifqkt, I think you may have missed that I am only taking about when the game is paused.

4. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

No I didn't miss it
    This is since BB1.3

What you want to do ? I will try to help you

5. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

From some other posts earlier this year I was under the impression that idle sounds were not introduced until relatively recently. Idle sounds continuing while the game is paused, while all other sounds are "correctly" stopped, makes no sense. Pause by definition is to "temporarily suspend the game". The background music continues to play, which is ok because the game gives you the option to replace it with "silence" or other music if you choose.
    It would be great if someone on the team would comment on this and either confirm this is a bug or the reasoning behind making this a "feature".
    Thanks,
    Bill

6. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

I agree

You can overcome the problem by adding audio button under the pause button uncheck the "Block Touch through" in both of them, choose which sound you want to pause all, effects or music

Congrats problem solved :)

7. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Thanks for the idea, but I'm afraid that won't work. The sound button is a toggle. If you turn the sound effects off with your method as you pause the game, you actually might be turning the effects back on if the user had manually turned them off, and of course the reverse is true. If you turn the effects off in this way when you press the pause button, then you would have to do the same thing when the continue button is pressed, and the same would apply. You might be doing the opposite of what the user wants. Good thinking, but not a solution for this case.

Thanks again. Bill