I Need Help With Resizing

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Mrsi, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Mrsi

Mrsi Boxer

So my game consists of a bunch of boxes that are placed that form walls, as seen in the picture. My problem is that I want my character to die whenever it goes off the screen, but when I have been testing out my game my character dies either randomly or when I shake my character around with my mouse.

I was told by Buildbox support that I can fix this issue if I import new scaled-down characters and objects since all of my current characters and objects are around 800px x 800px. If this is true, does anyone know what size characters and objects I should import into my game? Also, is it a bad idea to have all separate boxes making up the walls, or should I draw the outline of where my character is going to be moving and then fill in the rest of the space with bigger walls? Thanks in advance :)

Attached Files:

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

See that yellow lines that outline the screen? If you click the FIRST icon top right hand corner - show game frame, you can then click on these yellow lines. Make them red to kill the character if they go out of bounds, yellow keeps them inside the game area, gray, lets them pass through - off the screen if its the side.

Also, if you are changing the size/shape of objects - just check their collision shape, as you may find that this will be the original size - so scale it down to suit your changes

Mrsi likes this.
  3. Mrsi

Mrsi Boxer

I just had them yellow because when I turn them red my character will die randomly while playing the game. I am trying to figure out how to fix this so that my character does not die randomly and dies when it goes out of bounds/off the screen, as you described above.

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You are going to have to play with the world settings to get everything right for your type of game. I suggest you take a look at the build a game series on YT, it will give you ideas on how features and functions work in Buildbox