How To Resize Obj

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Logan242, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Logan242

Logan242 Avid Boxer

Hello,
    I have an obj that is over 900 MB and when I try to put it into Buildbox it doesn't even load. Does anyone know how to resize an obj object?

2. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

You can't "resize" it, at least not in the sense you're suggesting. You need to change its complexity(poly count) in a 3D modeling program, then export. Did you create the object, or did you download it from somewhere? It must be super complex to be that big. Most of my objects I create and import are measured in KB(well under 1 MB) not MB.

3. Logan242

Logan242 Avid Boxer

4. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

I just saw your second post and downloaded your obj. There's no way it makes any sense to "resize" this obj. It's far too complex(Millions of polys). If you like the design of the exterior, and if you don't possess the 3D skills yourself, I suggest you hire someone to start from scratch and recreate the basic design with low-poly in mind, which I think could be done fairly easily.

5. Logan242

Logan242 Avid Boxer

I am not that knowledgeable with 3D modeling. So you are telling me I can’t open it with some software and change the poly count? @LBPToo

6. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

It's not impossible to reduce poly count with some automated 3D app functions, but I really don't think there's any way you'll get something that complex down to a usable level using those methods. As I mentioned, I really think your only solution is to start from scratch using the original as a design pattern for someone else to create a new low-poly version that looks basically the same, and I'm talking about exterior only, none of the interior detail.