How To Reset Overall Coins To Zero (0) Every Stage?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Hoyohoyoho, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Hoyohoyoho

Hoyohoyoho Boxer

Currently i made a platform game with power up as a purchase button. This button cost 1 in game currency every time its pressed. I want to make a stage with only 3 coins in it, in another word the player can only use this button 3 times per stage after they collect the coins.

My problem is when player only use this button once or twice in one stage, they can use this button in the next stage without collecting coin. The coin is accumulated and the player can spam the button many times if they already collect coins in previous stage. I tried to make a power up that if character collide with it player gets (-3) coins and then make it invinsible and place it near the finish line. But thats not working, it makes coin negative (-) not zero (0). So in the next stage player cant use this button even if they collect a coin.

Also i tried another way with using action button as a power up with 3 max refill. but if i pressed it 3 times at one stage, this button cant be used in the next stage.

Do you have any idea how to:
    • reset overall coins to zero in every stage? Or
    • set minimum coins to zero? Or
    • refill the power up button to max every stage?

Thank you very much :)