How To Make Player Bounce If Collided (bb3d)

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by volcank, Apr 10, 2019.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi everyone I am having a weird problem in BB3D. My game mechanics is basically player (cube) shifts the lanes from left to right or vice versa and also the player rotates forwards as it moves. At the same time I added some points on the floor which will enable player to jump up but when I touch them the player jumps (I use bounce instead of jump) and it stays and hangs in there and never falls down. I tried to make the player physics to dynamics but this time player shifts lane very small amaount and also starts to float downwards passing through the floor as if it doesn't have any collision which actually there is. So for now player is set to kinematic. I created the project from the basic scene where there is a red cube and a green floor. Check the video I uploaded and I appreciate your help. Thanks.

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Although I can't answer this, I would like to know too. I've have such strange issues with physics in BB3. Gravity doesn't always seem to apply on the Windows version., even when you adjust the game world Y axis to -30. Another lower -90, and the ball doesn't drop, it just rolls down.

@NikRudenko any advice on how/why this is happening? Cheers

volcank likes this.
  3. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

I’ve had similar experiences with gravity. Weirdly in one game I started with an earlier version I swear it seemed to work fine in a game started with the latest version the gravity seems to be very very minute in its effect on a falling cube.

With more advanced stuff I’m not sure if it is my code or not now

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Exactly the same. I've also noticed the collision shapes changing from say sphere to cube. Either way, I don't think it's working as intended and is something i raised months ago.

volcank likes this.
  5. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

There was also a problem with cylinder collision shapes where you could adjust them but when you run the game they reverted to normal cylinder shapes

spicedbeangames likes this.
  6. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Seriously isn't there a way to make the player jump while we touch to move. I just want to make the player jump when it touches a certain object in air! I am sure this is doable! Is it possible to create a small template like this. There are many casual games that simulates this kind of behaviour and I don't understand why this can't be done! Very simple logic. I would appreciate if a template is created for this kind of action. @NikRudenko

Please check the video thankx

spicedbeangames likes this.