How To Make Neutral Breakable Object? Barrel For Exmpl

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by bioded, Jul 30, 2016.

1. bioded

bioded Boxer

Hello guys, i need to make breakable neutral object(thats doesnt kill you with contact, but you can kill that object). How to make this? For exmpl i need to break barrel.

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

In the death animation of the barrel, create physics objects with various linear velocities that have a spawn of 999999, make sure they are not enemies and make sure they are no destroy at bottom of options... set collide to taste

3. bioded

bioded Boxer

Thanks for the answer, but I mean a little bit more. I have a character who he meets on his way the barrel, has a barrel - it is destroyed, and the barrel can not inflict damage. I tried to make an object with these properties, but I can destroy the object when the parameter destroy type set to destroy character, if i set it to no destroy - i cant kill that object. http://prntscr.com/bzg8jy

4. bioded

bioded Boxer

Im now trying set barrel damage to 0, then i can brake it and all good, but when i jump on it, i cant do anything with character, can anyone help with this bug?

5. bioded

bioded Boxer

So there is no any solution? :(

6. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

heath close gave you the answer already.
    Or you could use an action, add the barrel in action set to nothing, add your breaking animation.

7. bioded

bioded Boxer

Yeah, thanks for answer! But about set health to zero - its all good, but if my character jump on barrel - he cant jump on it, it a problem for me, because i need to player can play from barrel to barrel, is it a bug or its ok? About use action, sorry but i dont understant what did you mean. Thanks for reply!

8. User

User Boxer

Did u find any solution ?

9. bioded

bioded Boxer

Nope, thats so strange, that problem to create object that cant kill you and you can kill it.... i think this is bug or imperfection in buildbox...

10. ZikZak

ZikZak Boxer

I'm a noob but, what if you set damage to 0? I mean by editing the object from the asset bar on the left then setting 'damage' on the right.