How To Make Death Animation (particles)

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by rcantone, Mar 19, 2017.

1. rcantone

rcantone Boxer

Hey everyone,

I am trying to get my character upon hitting the object to explode in a bunch of particles I have seen it done in BB games but cannot find out how to do this. I have also tried looking on forums and couldn't come up with any solution if someone could let me know that would be great.

Object------Hits enemy-------Object explodes into particles

That's what I would like to achieve.

5petersonzachary likes this.
  2. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

@rcantone
    In the defeated animation section of your player (click the little pencil icon) once in there add multiple objects (the objects you are adding can have different velocities and angles (angular velocity)). This should give the effect your looking for If you need more help just ask :)

3. rcantone

rcantone Boxer

I see where that is and I have added 4 different color objects but what settings do I use to get them to animate sorry just confused

4. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

@rcantone What I did was drag and drop the objects in the animation editor then click on each one and give them different values for example for one I had:
    Linear Velocity 10 (y) Angular Velocity 30 (random filed (~)).
    Then did the same for the next one.
    You can drag and drop the same object multiple times and give it different values imagine the explosion pattern then input the values for how each piece will move, try changing the size of objects as well it will give them a better look.

Good luck!

rcantone likes this.
  5. rcantone

rcantone Boxer

Doesn't matter what I put in the fields nothing animates when my character hits the wall I want it to explode in colors and it just shows it as an image there is no animation at all? What am I doing wrong I cannot find a tutorial on this anywhere.

All help is appreciated p[lease and thank you!

6. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Can you post the settings you have for the death animation?

rcantone likes this.
  7. rcantone

rcantone Boxer

I am not sure I am being understood properly if you play the game color switch when the ball hits an object it blows up into smaller balls that fall apart as the death animation. How do I go about achieving this?

8. rcantone

rcantone Boxer

This is the settings I have no and they all have different values on the right

Attached Files:

9. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

@rcantone
    Please see attached bbdoc I did this in less than 60 seconds and has what you need click on each object and look at the properties. Its a jumping game so move to the platform on the right and let the player bounce into the enemy cube (red) and you'll see the blowup effect.

Edit:
    I just realized in the preset you have it set to Platform you need to change them to Physics Objects.

Attached Files:

10. rcantone

rcantone Boxer

Yea I have everything right for sure 100% its just not working wonder if it is a problem with buildbox or some setting somewhere else I should have checked that I don't. Not sure honestly very frustrating and disappointing.

11. rcantone

rcantone Boxer

Sooo guess what it was my Game Over Delay was set to 0 and it wasn't allowing enough time for the animation to even happen haha all good now!