How To: Easy Gdpr Option.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by AppNasty, Sep 7, 2019.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Obviously we all know what this means.
    To put an option that pops up and allows users to accept or reject the agreement to display targeted ads to them. However, I’ve read a lot of you don’t want to go the SDK route and would like a simple and faster way to do this.
    There’s two options. 1 is of course implementing some google sdk or whatever, allowing for a reject and accept option. The other way, is to do like a lot of games are doing and just TELL them that your game displays targeted ads and they can disable this via phone settings and turning off location etc etc. Either way is acceptable to app stores it seems.

The question is, within Buildbox, How can you make a splash screen that shows up once and after they accept, it never shows again? Or at least this is what I see people asking here on the forums.

The best method is to take an in app purchase button and place it above your main menu. Use paint or whatever program you want and create a screen sized GDPR warning. One that takes up entire screen..or not...just looks better if it covers all of main menu. Mine says something like “This app uses targeted ads blah blah, if you don’t accept, turn off location setting and turn off targeted ads on your device. If you do accept, let’s go!”
    With a giant ACCEPT word. Now, in the in app button settings, make it FREE and choose ONE TIME PURCHASE. Now when they fire game up, after loading screen they will see this agreement. If they choose to play anyways they will tap the screen and accept. It disappears and now they see what was behind that screen wide button, your main menu. Now every time they fire the game up, that screen (iap button) never shows up again as it was a one time purchase and they already “bought” it for free.

So if you don’t wish to implement additional code, you can just do this and now users from the EU areas can CHOOSE to play your game or not. And you avoid having the same screen showing up at every launch.
    Wasn’t sure if anyone figured this out or not. Also make sure to use a URL button and link to your privacy policy in game.

Anyways, cya!
    @AppNasty

2. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Great twist, but there are two issues with this. Will this free in-app showing to all users or just EU users? No need to bother users and show this message to people outside EU area. How you can check here if user is in the EU?

Second, it is not enough to just display a message. Sure, it can work for legal purposes, but it does not forward consent to the Admob, HeyZap (Fyber) SDK or whatever ad network you are using to optimize ad placement and revenue. Some networks have targeted ad placements by default, but others may not. To forward consent to the Ad Networks optimizes your ad relevancy, ad delivery and revenue. Yeah, you have that message, accept, but does not do or forward anything! :)

How about the required “Revoke Consent” button? Will you do it with free in-app purchase? :)

Cheers,
    Itzo

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

First off, I don’t do iaps so not an issue lol. Second, the WARNING message is all it takes to get on eu stores from what I’ve gathered. You’re giving them the option. It’s more less, hey player, either accept or don’t play. And that’s what the GDPR wants. A choice with clear heads up to player. Of course it’s way better to allow them to reject targeted ads and still play your game. So doing what you said is always the BEST option. As for me some users may remove my game. But it’s whatever.
    Hey @NikRudenko is there a reason GDPR stuff hasent been put into BB 2 and 3? Like how we can put ads in..inside BB. Vs having to edit our source outside of bb...why can’t we add the consent option in BB so it’s a part of the process and no extra work is needed?

4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

An example, game on apple store called Cats Game - Cat Collectors. They just make you accept. They display links to their policy etc and make you accept. Either agree and play or don’t. [​IMG]

redhouanee and Jaro like this.