How to earn money from ads?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Ishamahes, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

Hi guys, As I am new to game marketing, I ask a question, How can I make money from ads?
    How it works?
    Please, tell me. I will be thankful.

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hey @Ishamahes,

This is a huge subject :) To over simplify this subject you can say to get money from the ad serving company you can choose from several options. Probably the two most popular ones are the one that based on click on the ads and the one that pays you by displaying them (and then it does not matter if user clicks on them or not). To be honest it really depends on your game, your target audience, the type of ads and millions of factors.

I am not expert on this subject and please do not take my words for it but I was actually surprised how well it can work. Basically there are two type of players: One that pays for games and in-app purchases and one that only looks only for freebies. This latter one sounds like you would not care about too much but also very important to gain popularity for your game. They may let paid customers know you have a game. And you also use them to display ads... So they might not pay you, but might click on ads if they like what they saw in there. So you get some money from them too...

Ishamahes likes this.
  3. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

Wow, that helps me a lot. Thanks a lot @trudnai.

4. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

Hey, @trudnai, Can you tell me the ad company that serve the developer for displaying ads ( not clicking or downloading ). Please, help me.

5. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

I have had the best luck with Heyzap and Revmob. Not that I make much money with either as my games are not super popular. But they do me well.

6. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

I wish your game to hit the top.
    Thanks a lot for your help.

7. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Pretty much everyone is doing both, and as I said both has pros and cons. The best you might can do is to do the AB test: One is CPM the other one is CPA and then see which one performing better, turn off the one that performs really bad.

8. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

What is CPM and CPA and AB test.

I really don't know. Please help me.

9. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

Oh, I just found that. I know what CPM and CPA stands for. Thanks for your help @trudnai

trudnai likes this.