How To Create A Trampoline

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Coyowl, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

Hey,

I was wondering if there is a way to make an object/action that makes the player jump on collision.

Thanks!

2. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Are you making a game like doodle jump where the player is constantly jumping or are the only certain types of platforms that will make the player jump more similar a platformer and maybe a mushroom that the player can jump on to bounce up?

If a bouncing game then you would set this up in the characters "bounce force".

If for a platformer, you can create an action that then changes the "gameplay" and choose to add in a "bounce force". You can have it as a transparent action on top of a platform.

Christoph likes this.
  3. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

@jerry Thanks for your help! I've already tried the action but when the player collides with it is disappears and cannot use it again as it is an action.
    Is there any other way to do it so I can have unlimited jumps like in a trampoline?

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Copy paste the action into a transparent object which you then place as a decoration. Then spawn it so it will reappear again and again. Use another object as decoration so the user has the full experience of the trampoline never disappearing... :D

5. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

@Christoph Thanks for the suggestion. For some strange reason though, when the actions overlap they don't work properly :(

6. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

Hi here, I show you a possibility in your game to make a trampoline

Abhay, blackswan and Christoph like this.
  7. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

@Phoebe This looks interesting... i'll try it ;)

8. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

ist the simple way ;)

9. ilovelessons

ilovelessons Boxer

Hi I was reading you post and I was wondering if anyone knows how to modify the trampoline effect. What i mean is if you jump on a trampoline in the middle you will move up. But if you jump to one end of the trampoline (example the right) it it push you off up to the right. Is this even possible in buildbox?

10. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

As far as I know unfortunately not with the trampoline but I have made a template woman has a kind breakout and there it goes with the ball that he can fly in different direction

tite likes this.
  11. Heeth21

Heeth21 Boxer

1. Make trampoline as an object.
    2. Add an action just above the trampoline.
    3. Set the action to gameplay.
    4. Set duration to 1.
    5. Now in gameplay settings, set value for bounce force(maybe 40.......or you can set it according to your preference).
    6. Add a spawner to the action.
    What it will do is, before the character collides with the trampoline, it will get a bounce force.
    As soon as it collides the with trampoline, because of its bounce force, it will bounce off the trampoline.

Note: If you have already set a bounce force to your character, make sure the value of the bounce force of the action is greater than your defined value.

Phoebe likes this.