How To Change Orientation From Portrait To Landscape For Each World?!

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by khalid, Oct 3, 2016.

1. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

You know we can change game direction for each world but:

How to change orientation from portrait to landscape (and vice versa) For Each World?!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Shawh likes this.
  2. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

If not possible can we request this feature!!!

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hmm, to be honest with you I am not sure if this is a good idea, personally I would not like a game where I have to rotate the device. But this is only my vote, feel free to post this feature request on the Feature Requests section on this forum, I know BuildBox team is monitoring that.

4. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

Thank you @trudnai for your feedback but if you think of it, mor options helping us to build better games.. more options means the developers will be more creative .. and as you know each world has its gravity, game speed, game direction, time wrap and back threshold and so on, all of these are changing the game environment..

With all listed options above, most of the game builders will not change these factors but still they are required in some cases!!

Thus adding orientation will help to build better game for people want for example change game direction or whatever the reason!!

Most of us will not change the default values but what's matter is that the option is there when I need it

Thank you again..

5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Ok, so more thinking about that if you do not need an auto rotate for the phone (like the calc app on iPhone which changes from simple to scientific calculator if you rotate your phone), then does not really matter what is the settings in BuildBox, you just need to use X axis instead of Y axis, plus 90 degree rotation for the objects.

So for example your 1st world is landscape, Game Direction is 0, Gravity X:0,Y:-75 and Jump Force: X:0,Y:80.

Then on your next world you want it portrait, so you have Game Direction is 0, Gravity X:-75,Y:0 and Jump Force: X:80,Y:0 -- and of course your objects and UI elements at a 90 degree rotation ...

6. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

You are missing that it is not only mobile rotation but also the frame size are controlled by orientation so you have limited size on horizontal for portrait and limited size on vertical for landscape

Christoph likes this.
  7. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

I think @trudnai is right actually. I need to change screen orientation in one world too so I'm looking for the solution.
    It can work but in that case all displayed ads (if any) will be wrong oriented so it will work only without ads I suppose because for the software the device will be still oriented as set when starting an app/game.
    I need to test it anyway, thx!