How long until beta is over?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by DeadlySeriousMedia, Jan 15, 2016.

1. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

I'm curious because I'd like to use this engine but it doesn't seem anywhere near functional yet. Is there a target date so I can decide if I should publish two games now or if it makes sense for me to wait and add all the little nice things BB2 is supposed to offer that, as of now, crash the engine.

Shawh and Nick H like this.
  2. pfg215

pfg215 Avid Boxer

I'll be totally honest, this does not look even close to come out. I love all the ideas and changes, but its really buggy and there so many more things they need/could put in.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    buman, GTE Games and Nick H like this.
  3. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

Yes I think this is more an Alpha version and the next release will be the beta version there's no way it's ready for the market, but there's so many new things I have no idea how to use.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  4. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

Uhg. I was kinda hoping I was paying for a somewhat usable engine. That wasn't a small amount of money for what is essentially a promise. Please don't do this to us with future versions BuildBox. Overselling and under delivering is not a good model. I like all the ideas but without an execution ideas are useless.

Hopefully these bugs get hammered out but BB2 isn't something that can be used at this point as far as I'm concerned. Heck, even the sales page shows Xbox controller support but I'm not actually seeing it in BB2. smh

5. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

bb1 took a good 6-7 months before the main crashing issues were resolved or a hack was found.
    I started asking support about controllers back in July for bb1 so it is not high priority for either I suspect unfortunately :( BB2 needs to be solid before all the bells and whistles can be added. Any alpha early release software you run the risk and frustration waiting for a solid build.

brdchn25 likes this.
  6. pfg215

pfg215 Avid Boxer

I think the problem is that people paid to try out the early access and thinking it would be ready for February. But after testing the software out were seeing its seems not close to were it needs to be. And somthings need to be reworked beause it makes no sense. I got the subscription mid dec. And have enjoyed bb1, but I got the subscription for bb2 . By all means take the time to get it right, it has huge potential, but I see how some people feel mislead.

7. stevendelarwelle

stevendelarwelle Boxer

How were they able to build PIT and SKY with all the bugs in BB2? I cant even get a stable jump game going with barley any features they promised in the release video. Its a great software and I'm sure they will get it stable, but they over promised, even for a beta release.

8. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

I have found you post so true. Frustration is setting in as it was Jan, then February, March end of first Q1 and now its BETA5 in April and hold your breath for the real bb2.0/

darren and Collin Wade Thiessen like this.