How does "Pause current world" works ?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by EZKad, May 31, 2016.

1. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how does "Pause current world" option of menu jump works, so I can check if it can work for my use case.
    * I have two worlds, I'll call them WorldA and WorldB.
    * WorldA contains many scenes, WorldB contain only one scene.
    * The player is initially in WorldA.

when the player reach a menu jump in a scene of WorldA, he goes to WorldB (this works fine)
    when the player reach the scenes end of WorldB, there is another menu jump which bring him back to WorldA : this work but the behaviour is not what I want.

when I go back to WorldA the player restart from the beggining (start scene) I need that the player continue from the same scene of WorldA when he's back, I believed that "Pause current world" would do the trick but it doesn't :/

I also tried to all combinations of set/start checkpoints without success, when I use a restart checkpoint action, or "Start checkpoint" from menu jump, the player restarts WorldB not WorldA .... :/

so am I doing something wrong ?
    is what I'am trying to do, possible with BB2 ?
    is this a bug ?

2. ZikZak

ZikZak Boxer

I know this is an old thread but I myself was looking for a solution to a similar situation. I'm playing with a platformer template which has a secret level. The menu jump in the secret level takes me to the start of level 1 and not to the scene in that level where I came from (where there's a menu jump that took me to the secret level).. I came up with this "solution": I created a checkpoint at the first menu jump position (level 1) and in the settings for the secret level menu jump (Secret Exit), I chose 'Start Checkpoint'. Now I go back to where I entered the secret level. The next problem was that now I have to pass this menu jump without "falling back" into the secret level, i.e continue in level 1. I solved it by placing the checkpoint higher giving the player the choice of either falling down to the secret level (by placing a small door in the pit a created) or jumping forward to next scene.