How Did Your First Bb Game Jam Go?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Starman, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Starman

Starman Avid Boxer

Hey fellow boxers! The bb game jam just ended!:)
    Did you have fun working as an individual or a team? What's the most challenging part? Share your experiences!;)

AppNasty likes this.
  2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Individual. Was stressful...yet fun. I always think of an idea and start making it but never follow through. This...my first jam ever...made me hustle hard. 36 hours of work...12 hours ish each day. I added as much as I could.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Starman and comicsmathias like this.
  3. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

My save got corrupted and I couldn't open it.

jerry and AppNasty like this.
  4. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Had a great time. Tons of work and pushed what I know/knew about BB and now have more knowledge to put into the game I'm currently working on. I am also thinking that I need to make my game jam game into a full blown game. I had my 12yo daughter play test for me late yesterday and she said it was so fun she didn't want to stop. I actually had to kick her off my computer so that I could finish the game.

I'm a solo dev and the toughest part is designing in a vacuum. No real feedback/help (except for my daughter playing late). Would have been fun to build with a partner or two but again, I think it is what you get out of it and I got a lot!!

Now, I didn't create a remake a Line Zen. I did think the "theme" was way too specific and it seemed like @TreySmith was pushing people to remake that type of game or something similar.

Starman and AppNasty like this.