How Can Select A Different Character And Still Continue The Game?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Nephilim, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Boxer

Hi, I'm still new to Buildbox and I have a question regarding this game i'm making, It's a screen smasher game and I really need professional help on this.
    I have a different characters like Hammer, Bomb and Flame Thrower. What I want is to use the hammer and put cracks on the screen and use a button for Tool select on top (Character select) and continue the game, for example I used the Hammer to Put cracks on a screen, if I select the Bomb tool, I want to use the bomb with previous cracks from the hammer still appearing on the screen.
    There are 2 main issues.
    1- I used different worlds for this, since every character has different objects and abilities and when I select different tool, It takes me to different World and does not continue the game.
    2- If I use different characters on the same World, The bomb has similar effect as the hammer, which I don't want, I want the bomb to destroy the whole screen with a Huge crack and The hammer to be used infinitely with smaller cracks.
    How can I achieve this? Need Help please.
    And can a Character use an effect that stays on the screen when a key is pressed without using the connection of an object to a character and the object appear on shoot/Jump button pressed.