How Can I Stop Character Moving Using Tap And Upon Release Character Moves

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Shabir27, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Shabir27

Shabir27 Boxer

I intend to make a game where the character moves continuously. The player has to tap on the screen to stop. upon release of tap the character continues with its movement automatically. I saw an example using Tap to Switch where the game play starts off with the character moving. however, its required for the play to tap to stop and tap again to move again.

2. roy

roy Boxer

Depending on how the game world, game frame and character is set you can solve it using a Character Button in your UI with Function set to Component Action, and then on character add an Advanced Move which sets velocity to 0 (replace or multiply) and set the Event to the button you created.

3. Shabir27

Shabir27 Boxer

i tried doing as you said using the runner gameplay to create a Chracter Button to replace On Tap with 0 velocity. it didnt work. Tried multiply also. any ideas how i can resolve this @roy . Thanks

4. roy

roy Boxer

The runner game has already a forced movement of 125 on the Y axis, so it doesn't help to stop the speed of the player (it's already 0). You would have to change to having the world velocity at 0 and let the user have some velocity instead.