How Can I: Spawner Issue

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by StartOverGaming, Jan 2, 2017.

1. StartOverGaming

StartOverGaming Boxer

Hello,

I have a swipe board game. I'm looking to have an object appear inside a square for a limited period of time and then disappear.

I can achieve the appearing by using a spawner but here are the two issues I face:

1) When you have an object with a spawner...the original object is already there at the start. So that means all tiles I would add this too would already be full at the very start of the game. How do you have a spawn object but remove the original object?

*I tried using a hidden action on the players start location which killed all enemies. This made all the original objects disappear instantly. But it also stopped the spawner from working.

2) How would a spawned object later be destroyed after a limited time? As currently the spawner object will just fill that game tile until more and more appear. I need some way to destroy that spawned object after X amount of seconds.

If anyone could help with some ideas I would be very thankful!
    :)

2. StartOverGaming

StartOverGaming Boxer

Well,
    after writing this post it helped me figure it out. :D

For anyone wondering here is how I achieved it.

a) Placed the spawner object. Set it to [Collide / Destroy All] and setup a desired spawn time.
    b) Set another object right on top of it. Set this one to 0 transparency so it's hidden. Set this also to [Collide / Destroy All]
    c) Upon starting the game the hidden object will immediately destroy the main object. Then the enemy object will appear as desired by my setup spawner time. I set the hidden object on a longer spawner period. So the enemy object could be visible for a short time before the hidden one is spawned again and destroyed.

Hope that helps someone at some point.

Vikas and Christoph like this.