How Can I Prevent Playing The Game Offline?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Forgive, May 1, 2019.

1. Forgive

Forgive Boxer

I am planning to add ads to my game. As you know, Buildbox games can play offline. In offline mode, ads are not shown so making money from games will be more difficult.

I want to check internet connection. If there is no internet connection, I want to prevent playing the game. Maybe I can add a screen that shows "check your internet connection" if there is no internet connection. How can I do this?

Thanks..

2. Alex809

Alex809 Boxer

Good luck with your game. I would uninstall any offline game that doesn’t allow me to play offline just because the developer wants to be greedy. Let people enjoy the game offline, why punish them? If they play it offline chances are they like it and will eventually play it online.

Forgive likes this.
  3. Forgive

Forgive Boxer

It is not about greediness, you know we should make money. If I do not force, I can not earn money. I have to earn money to develop better games.

4. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

I understand your concern, but trust me you will earn money even if your game can be played offline without internet, most of the users have internet and wifi, they will still watch or click on the ads and you will earn money.

Forgive likes this.
  5. Alex809

Alex809 Boxer

I understand but why should someone be punished because at that moment they aren’t able to connect to the internet? When people are without connection the main thing they do on their phones is play game. For example I live in NYC and went the subway goes underground and people lose connection the first thing they do is open their favorite game. You will make your money when those same users return to play while they have a connection. Just don’t see it as fair since it isn’t hurting you either way.