How Can I Make Screen Fade In Bb2

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by BobbyBobs, May 4, 2019.

1. BobbyBobs

BobbyBobs Boxer

Hi,
    I am new to Buildbox and trying to make my own game. I need some help in BB2 with screen fade effect. The game is like flappy bird, the character is flying through the forest with the screen fade effect and when it eats the power up I want the fade to go away for 15 seconds and then come back again slowly.

I am using a fade screen PNG file connected to the character as you can see in the attached picture.

I would appreciate your support for the solution.

Regards,
    Burhan

Attached Files:

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I havent used BB2 for ages but you could try and create a new 'Fade' UI with the fade effect. Then use an event observer to look for the power up use, and link to the fade effect UI for 15 second duration, then switch back to the normal UI.

Or, in the power up animation, place your fade effect there, but large enough to cover the screen size and use the animation to start with zero opacity and fade in/out, or whatever effect you wish to achieve. The action should be full screen I think but have a toggle so it fits in with what you want. However, test it, as it could be resource intensive, depending on the file size of the fade image png file.

BobbyBobs likes this.
  3. BobbyBobs

BobbyBobs Boxer

Thanks for the help, let me try those approaches.