How Can I Customize Show Points / Coins Reward?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by itzonator, Sep 1, 2018.

1. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hi, I want to customize Show Points after a point is collected. By customizing, I mean change the color, size, etc. of the displayed point reward.

When I add a Coin Action and check "Show Coin Rewards" it shows +1 every time I collect coins, how to customize that "+1" and make it bigger, more colorful and change its distance with respect to the character?

Is that actually possible? @ZackGriset

I am using BuildBox 2.3.6

Thanks,
    Itzo

AppNasty likes this.
  2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

You will see the yellow +1 image in menu. replace that...hit the PENCIL top right of that area and you can resize it.

3. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hi, I am not sure I follow. +1 image in menu? What menu?
    This +1 image or font is just a white label / number and it's enabled by default. I did not add that. It did not come from my assets.

AppNasty likes this.
  4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Whatever you place here shows up after they collect coin. Open a paint program and choose your font you want. Make it red...blue etc etc. Save as a transparent image and drop it in there. Then if you want it larger, hover mouse just to the top right of that image box and hit those options. You can then resize it.
    [​IMG]

itzonator likes this.
  5. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Can't believe this worked! I thought of doing that, but for some reason did not try it, because I thought it was somehow related to the character, not the Action Animation itself, since it's coming out of the character. I was not looking at the right place. Thanks!

Let's go one step further. If the point is collected +1 at a regular instance in the game, what if I want to reward +2 if the user action is a bit more skilled (like PERFECT) in some games, where regular rewards are +1, and the Perfect is like +10 for the same action, but because it was executed better by the player, it rewards more points. Any thoughts if this can be done with BuildBox?

Itzo

6. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

I think I have an idea of how this with "Perfect" would be done since I know now how to change labels of rewarded points or rewarded coins.

I'll create a separate Action with separate Action Animation +10 Perfect and I'll put that in gameplay in the exact location where it would be better executed by the player. When the player goes through this Action, it will execute Perfect +10.

Did not try that, but it has a high probability to work! ;-) I built upon your idea with Action Animation and changing +1 labels, I can even add text now! Thank you! @OneHitGamer