How Can I Create A Perfect Score Animation In Buildbox 3?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by itzonator, May 7, 2019.

1. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hello, I have managed to create perfect score in BB2 by adding an invisible object to the world scene, and when the character collides with it, it would display some text / label, however, in Buildbox 3, things with nodes are a bit different. Tried the same hack, but it did not work, adding If Collide to a Label (from a character stand point), but it is displaying the label all the time.

I want when the player executes an action in the game perfectly, to be rewarded with points or just to show some fancy text to indicate that. For one of my games, I managed to do that with Position Animation over an OBJ text file 'PERFECT' like hiding the text in the ground and showing it when the character approaches the OBJ file by executing Position Animation to pop up from the ground and display. However, this OBJ will show regardless if a perfect action is executed, because there's no collision-based model here.

I am looking for a fancy score or text label pop-up when character collides with something. When text / score pops up, it should show some nice effect or animation and disappear after a certain amount of seconds. For some out-of-the box thinkers here, how do you solve this problem?

Attached Files:

2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

I haven't tried this myself but maybe use the if collide with a state machine.

3. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@andre_sprs have you test it with State machine. Let me know how it goes ;-)

I think I found a better way:
    1. Object (invisible)
    2. If Actor collides with that object, the invisible object would explode (defeat) with defeat animation of some Perfect PNG animation sequence.

So this would create, maybe a good Perfect Animation. So we basically Defeat Node the Invisible Object and run Perfect Animation for it. ;-)

Haven't tested this out, but I'll.

4. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

I would create a new script Solely for Scoring, So first i would Track the current Score and then another important things i would add are Spawn Signals .. so Lets say you have 4 goodie things to tell your player when they pass the specific Score, I would then use If Else Statement in the Node and see if Player is passing this Score than Spawn an Object Using EMIT SIGNALS in front of PLAYER at -20Z distance. Then you can Have an If Collide with that Spawned Object and when it collides with your Player it spawns another object and removes this one .. The object it spawns will have a Text Lets say PERFECTTTTTTTT ... and then in Perfect Object You can animate it, Fade it away after few Seconds .. Something like that.

EDIT : First you check How can you spawn an object at the distance of 20 -Z Axis in front of Player ... Second thing you should check If the spawned Object is Collide able or not ... Then you Mix all of them

5. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Can you do it?

6. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

I have not tried this yet but i am pretty sure this is one of million ways to do that.

7. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

By the way, I managed it to work with a Defeat Animation. I have a shooting character, when shoots an enemy, enemy dies and Perfect Animation has been triggered.

The perfect animation is with deleted 3D world, this way it's invisible in gameplay. So the invisible object is behind that enemy.

So, On Start, If Collide (Perfect Object) with the Bullet, Health / Damage, then Defeat -> Animation (Perfect PNG) + Delay + Remove + Add Point (optional) ;-)

rizwanashraf likes this.