How Can I Create A Message Box?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Gbello97, Dec 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gbello97

Gbello97 Boxer

i want to create a message box when the user unlocks a character or unlocks a new world .etc... I know 2.2.8 wasn’t capable. Was this introduced to 2.2.9?? Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you. I attached an image for an example and the message should appear in game or in the menus.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  2. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

You can insert text and labels in the UI.

3. Gbello97

Gbello97 Boxer

That makes no sense? I want a popup message. When the user clicks something and a message appears.

How would that work with your method?

4. thatguyminib

Not sure I haven't attempted it. Just throwing ideas.

Wonder if there is a way to cover the text up with a piece of the bg image that would be there and then when they touch that area it destroys that object covering the text?

5. Gbello97

Gbello97 Boxer

Yeah I have thought of the same. Like navigate to another view above current page and that page containing the message and then the close button would be just the back button to go back to that page which would close the message !?

6. Gbello97

Gbello97 Boxer

Is there a way to show a view on top of another and change the transparency ? So with that view on top, it could contain the message and if they “click” it that view would just be the back button to go back to the actual view behind it ??

7. thatguyminib

If you use the purchase button you can set it to onIf you use the purchase button you can set it to one-time purchase and once you click it will disappear.

So basically put a label on a piece of the bg image that will cover it and make that bg image piece you use the purchase button and make it one time us.

Hopefully, that helps.

8. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

hi i hope i have understood that you want a popup when the character touches something. I have something like that in Kevin to go. But since you can't write something in an animation, I had to import the whole font as PNGS and I did the massage in the daamge taken animation. the object as enemy with 0 damage and 999999 health

9. Gbello97

Gbello97 Boxer

Thank you for your time and help! This was a very neat trick, but it’s actually for the menus, not the gameplay. I will definitely be using this one day though haha

10. Gbello97

Gbello97 Boxer

Thank you for all your help so far buddy, but I don’t think this will work as planned either. I need the message to appear multiple times if they
    Click a button. I think if I upload an image it will make more sense. Take a look at my edited post

Bllaaa likes this.