How can I change y-position with Transform Position Modifier (Mac)

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by tweettopix, Apr 9, 2016.

1. tweettopix

tweettopix Boxer

Hi,

I have a problem with the Transform logic. I have an object that is moving with a lineair velocity in the Y direction (moving up). I want to stop the object (linear velocity 0) and set the y position a few pixels up when it hits the Transform. I use the position modifier Y for this. For some reason, it doesn't work. The object disappears.

However, when I change the X position a few pixels to the left (thus position modifier X), it works. Is the position modifier for Y broken?

Attached Files:

2. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

How are the current properties of the object you want to transform? Could you attach a screenshot?

3. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

You have set the linear velocity "y" to 3 in your object, try setting a "-3" value to the right box in Linear Velocity Modifier in the transform logic to stop it from moving.

As regards transforming the position, you only set the "y" value, try setting also the "x" value (the left box).

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I don't understand why it is behaving like that... I've tried many combinations and it's not working right at all... send this into support@buildbox.com

tweettopix likes this.
  5. heathclose

this changed then with no notice... it's always been scene driven... i've done it plenty of time as I'm sure you have...
    @Andy ?

6. heathclose

It's always been scene based for that very reason... No way can I believe that they changed it to "entire game" based as it would break it beyond belief. @theseanjonathanconnor must have been sleepwalking when he told you that...

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I gave the info to @theseanjonathanconnor after testing and talking to the development team. I didn't check the historical behavior but I don't believe it has changed, I could be wrong though, I will have to go back and check.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  8. heathclose

What ever happened with this @Andy @tweettopix @theseanjonathanconnor ? I'm having trouble with position logic transform behaving properly right now, and I'm wondering if it's the same issue...

edit- If I preview the scene, it behaves properly because of the x and y I have input, but then if I let the preview keep going (it rolls back to start at the end of the previewed scene) and get to the same scene only 2 scenes later... it doesn't work, and if it's putting things in position relative to the entire world's played distance... it's broke... very broke...

9. abdussadik

abdussadik Boxer

Is it possible to use Logic Transform for Characters?

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Agree, for now I would use relative positioning (the "Add" modifier) if possible until we can fix the absolute positioning.

11. singkavet

singkavet Boxer

Was this ever fixed? I'm still using BB 1.3.6 and have noticed this problem too.

tweettopix and comicsmathias like this.
  12. Kushal

Kushal Boxer

Hey Heathclose sorry to disturb you but I needed a small help. I am using BB2 and I wanted to try a game like slide path I have done everything yeh path it works fine. But I am unable to jump my character so how can I do that. Which gameplay setting should I use or preset? Please reply...