How can I build a Character Creator App?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by kpvngmi, Apr 3, 2016.

1. kpvngmi

kpvngmi Boxer

Hell everybody, I'm Alessandro, nice to meet you all.

I'm new here and, since I'm new, I think the best way to start learning how to use Buildbox is by trying to build a very simple App. My idea is to build a Character Creator App which (more or less) works and looks like the Character Creator inside games like The Sims.

I was thinking about something like this:

[​IMG]

Or like this:

[​IMG]

But, instead of being 3Dimensional, my App will be 2Dimensional. I already have almost all the templates ready for the App and I'm now working on the design of other details like the menu and other parts.

How can I do? Is there anybody who did similar apps and who could help me? I'd really appreciate some help.

If this Forum is the wrong one, let me know please. :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  2. manak4u

manak4u Avid Boxer

i Dont think buildbox's engine can support a game play like this and hope that by templates you mean the graphics. You can dig in with GameSalad(another gaming engine) it has some node platform logic but i think that can build this.!

3. kpvngmi

kpvngmi Boxer

Are you sure? Because my idea was to make a very simple one which is, moreover, 2D instead of 3D. Everything would be pretty simple in the game.

4. manak4u

manak4u Avid Boxer

99%

5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

You might can do some magic with character selection and/or overlayed action animations but this might be a challenging stuff to do in the current versions of BB. Actually char selection might be an adequate choice for you if you are ok with the linear selection of the variations.

6. kpvngmi

kpvngmi Boxer

That "BB" made me think of BB-8 instead of Buildbox. :D Anyway, yeah, this was the idea, more or less. When you launch the App, the game tells you "Choose a character: MALE - FEMALE". When you press it, an empty template of male/female character appears and you have to press lateral arrows to change its hair, eyes, hands, feet and dresses. But in the game there'll be just a few templates.