How Add Particles Flying From & Behind Character?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by chris_lippincott, Nov 26, 2015.

1. chris_lippincott

chris_lippincott Boxer

Anyone know how to create an effect where pieces/particles come flying out of or behind a character (think ice bits or stardust, etc)? I thought perhaps you could add an object, connect it to the character so it stays with the character, and have the object then spawn permanently so it would look like pieces were coming out from behind the character. However, every time I make the object spawn, it no longer stays connected to the character, even though the connection mode shows that it is.

Any thoughts? Perhaps there are other ideas out there?

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Put the spawner in the move or jump animation. This was asked several times in the last month and you can search the threads with the search function. But basically this is how it's done.

3. chris_lippincott

chris_lippincott Boxer

Thx. Makes sense. I had searched the threads. I didn't see anything that had touched on this. Must have missed it.

4. Taimoor Javaid

Taimoor Javaid Avid Boxer

@chris_lippincott As i have already told you in the previous thread, They are little particle used as decoration and attached with character with spawner. To do this drag and drop a object (small cube or something) and make it decoration than give it angular velocity and linear velocity as per your requirement than checked the spawner option and set a value for it than finally connect character with it by going into connection mode and you are done. Enjoy!